Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I'm a Big Kid Now!

With age comes a lot of other things...
responsibility (barf)
new outlook on life (ha!)
BILLS (gag)
gray hair (not yet!)


and New furniture!!!

Since I have moved out of my parents house 5 years ago (seems like MUCH longer but whatevs) I have accumulated a lot of hand-me-down furniture. I was very thankful to receive each and every piece! I had a couch & a bagillion accessories from my mom; a bed from my sister; a TV from my brother; a kitchen table,armoire and buffet table from my dad. I have never purchased a single piece of furniture on my own (unless you count my $20 Ikea coffee table). I guess you could say I had it pretty easy because every piece was in GREAT condition and matched my style to a T! Lucky ME!

Well my couch had been to H-E-double hockey sticks and back! I would hate to see any kind of lab test results done to that couch... dogs + children + plus lots of spilled drinks= nastiness! It was time to upgrade!

So I did!! I bought myself, with the help of financing the boyfriend (but still paid by me),a brand new living room set that includes a couch, love seat, an overstuffed chair, and an ottoman! LOVE! It's gorgeous and comfy and a-MAAA-zing!

See!





Oh and those cute lil wall hangings? Ya I made those too :)

But lets focus on history in the making right now. I have made my first adult purchase and I couldn't be happier!!

No comments:

Post a Comment