Friday, April 23, 2010

I can sewwww!!

I totally suck at it but I can sew none the less!! My future children will hate thank me one day for starting to learn now!

I know its been over a month since I purchased my sewing machine but I felt like I needed to find the perfect time to focus and give it an honest try. And that's exactly what I did! Before last night that sucker was still in its original packing.

I took it out...
starred at it...
grabbed the manual and started reading.

I'm very much a visual learner so I am SO lucky it came with pictures! I followed each step... some of them twice... and finally got the hang out it. I tried out a few different stitches to see what they looked like.

Gorgeous huh!!

I was impressed how easy it was to use.

Than I started on my first attempt at a sewing project... the "easy to use" quickly flew out the window. I found a tutorial for a t-shirt apron from Ruffles & Stuff that seemed SUPER easy, and probably was for someone who has been sewing for more than 30 minutes. So away I went to chopped up my green, horribly wrinkled, t-shirt.

So this:


Slowly, but surely became this:



Not bad for my first time! Just please don't closely examine it... or flip it over. :)

I won't give up, but don't expect me to be selling any of my great creations... I don't think I could GIVE them away at this point!






2 comments:

  1. I think you did a great job. Listen, I've been sewing for 40 years and I have a few projects I would not want someone to 'turn over,' either, so don't feel so bad. You'll get better as you go along, I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative! I am impressed - I still am hoping to pull out my new sewing machine soon. Thanks for linking up to Be Inspired today!

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete