Tuesday, March 9, 2010

"Try this!" Tuesdays

Sorry for the long delay... I've been overwhelmed busy lately.

But I am starting a new routine (hopefully) every week called "Try This" Tuesdays! Each week I will show something I have tried from another blog or something I have seen that I wanted to try. I encourage everyone else to join in and post or email me your results!

Without further delay...

Today I am showing you my version of Lynette's, from Get Your Craft On, ribbon flower head band. It was SUPER easy!

First I cut two pieces of felt into two circles about 2 inches in diameter. I used brown since I didn't have any black leftover.


Then I sewed a loose stitch up one side of a piece of about 1 1/2 feet of ribbon. and pulled the thread to make the ribbon ruffle.


Then I hot glued the loose end of the thread and ribbon first in order to keep the ribbon in a ruffle. I made my way around in a spiral with the hot glue until the entire ribbon was curled into the middle.


I then added a little black jewel to middle for some flare. :) On the back of the flower I glued the second piece of felt so that there was an opening in the middle for me to slide my headband in... I forget to take a picture of that. But here is the final project.


"oooooo, ahhhhhh"



Easy Peasy!






2 comments:

  1. Ah, it is super cute! I have one similar I bought at Target and I just love it - but now I know how to make one myself! Thanks for linking up to Be Inspired.

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete