Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Pirate Door Hanger




Because my camera died in the middle of my nephews birthday party, I am STILL waiting on my sister to upload the photos of the entire shindig. *cough* Hurry UP! *cough*

Not that I'm impatient or anything but I can't wait any longer to share another door wreath I made for my sweet little nephew Anthony's 3rd Birthday!

I started with just a wreath form that I had used previously. I try not to make my wreaths permanent so I can use the form again.

I got and old black dress the I haven't worn and probably never will again. I cut strips of about 2 1/2 inches thick and wrapped them around the form and kept them in place with a little dab of hot glue and push pins.

Then I wrapped burlap around loosely and again held together with a little dab of hot glue and some push pins.

I found some pirate embellishments in the unfinished wood section of Hobby Lobby for about $0.60 a piece. I grabbed a simple white "A" for a little over a $1.00.

On the "A" I just painted some black polka dots with a round foam brush. Then I hot glued the "A" and the embellishments on and viola!!

A wreath fit for a Pirate! :)








1 comment:

  1. What a super cute wreath - perfect for a pirates party matey! Can't wait to see the rest of the photos. Thanks for linking up to Be Inspired today!

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete