Thursday, May 27, 2010

Hair Bow Holder

I will be doing a Vendor Craft Fair in September so I am embarking on a new "business"--- I use the term loosely since I am the furthest thing from a "business person" :) I just figured I should make a little money doing the things I enjoy... like making bows!

So my new "business" is called "Missy Lissy's Bow-tique: Fashions for Baby & Mommy"--- cute right?! I googled and didn't find anyone with the same business name so for now its legit! I am still trying to get the hang of making children's bows, so hopefully I am a pro by September (otherwise my booth with have ZERO customers!).

My blog will be filled with lots of tutorials on bows/headbands/junk and shameless bragging about my awesome skilllls. ;)

First up... a Bow Holder to hold all my products. Everyone and their dog has made one of these out in this bloggly blog world. Its a no brainer... but if you are lacking in the brain department (much like myself) then here is a tutorial for you! Enjoy!

First I grabbed one of my unused canvases I got on sale at Hobby Lobby. Nothing fancy just keep it simple and cheap.

I laid the canvas flat and cut each side about 2inches bigger than the canvas. (I also got this adorable fabric at Hobby Lobby where they have the 'oopsie' cut fabric for around half off).


I hot glued the fabric all the way around so that the front was pulled tight and secured at the back. My back isn't too cute since I like to cut while I am starring at the TV. Either way... nobody will ever see this side.


Then I got some green ribbon from my stash and cute strips that are about 4 inches longer than the canvas height.Starting from the middle I glued each ribbon on across pulling tight as I glued.


Let it dry and attach a cute lil' ribbon flower and you're done!! Simple and cute!



3 comments:

  1. Very handy! I've started making a lot of hair accessories for myself lately as I want to get through my big bag of leftover fabric bits, and this is the perfect way to store them. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more question: how did you get the hanger in the back?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrapped some thick wire around and looped it behind the canvas and added a little hot glue to secure. I forgot to take picutres of that step but you could just hang it directly on the wall with tack and not have an issue it your are using a canvas

    ReplyDelete